Patient Rights & Responsibilities (English & Arabic)
APPENDIX A : CHARTER OF PERSON’S SERVED RIGHTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
As a valued customer of THB Home Health Care, you and your family have the following RIGHTS:
1. To be informed by THB Home Health Care of your rights and responsibilities and to receive a written copy (in Arabic and English) on admission to our services. If necessary, a translator will be provided to ensure full comprehension of these rights.
2. To receive the highest level of care and respect for your personal values and beliefs by all THB Home Health Care staff.
3. To have informed and/or general consent for all proposed home care services. This should be signed by you or your first-degree relative. If you lack legal full capacity to consent in person (e.g. under 18 years of age or is not oriented), consent shall be taken from your relatives up to the fourth degree.
4. To receive the highest professional standards where care shall be delivered by licensed individuals and by competent multidisciplinary team members.
5. To receive care that is based on the best available evidence and within THB Home Health Care’s scope of practice.
6. To be free from verbal, mental, sexual, and physical abuse, neglect and misappropriation of property.
7. To receive privacy during any clinical procedures and that THB Home Health Care staff will always maintain your confidentially.
8. To receive a complete explanation if there is a need for THB Home Health Care to transfer/ discharge you from our service.
9. Upon request, have access to your medical records.
10. The right to receive an appropriate assessment and management plan for any pain that you have, through the delivery of evidence-based practices.
11. To be informed of all costs related to your contract with THB Home Health Care, and to receive (upon request) an itemized bill explaining all charges.
12. In the event of an emergency, you will receive Basic Life Support by our clinicians until the Emergency Services arrive.
13. To receive a detailed assessment on admission to our services and receive a plan of care on how we plan to meet your care needs and expectations.
14. You have a right to terminate or amend your contracted hours by providing 48 hours’ notice.
15. You have a right to refuse any care offered by our clinicians. If this situation arises, our clinicians will advise you of the potential risks associated with not following the recommended care plan and will ask you to sign a form for that refusal.
THB Home Health Care LLC states that the Person Served has the following RESPONSIBILITIES:
To respect all THB Home Health Care policies and regulations
To treat all THB staff members with respect
To provide a safe working environment for our staff
To not ask our staff to conduct domestic duties that are outside of their job description, i.e. babysitting members of the household, washing and cleaning.
To give honest and comprehensive information regarding your medical history and to provide an up to date medical report or discharge summary which includes all current medications
To provide an up-to date prescription for all medications taken at home
To be responsible for any consequences resulting from not following the agreed plan of care.
To ensure that any financial obligations due to THB Home Care are paid promptly.
To notify THB Home Health Care if you plan to change residences other than the address listed on the original contract. This is to ensure that a risk assessment is completed and to also arrange the logistics necessary to get your nurse to you.
If your home nursing is covered by your insurance, this only covers you whilst you are at home. In the event of an admission to hospital, home care services will cease unless you wish to continue under a private pay basis
If you should have a question or concern regarding the services from THB Home Health Care LLC, you may contact the Clinical Operations Manager 050-803-5922 or email@example.com. You may also visit our offices in Suite 613 Onyx Tower 1, Sheik Zayed Road, Dubai.